The CHIO Rotterdam Horse Show (Concours Hippique International Officiel (CHIO)) will soon have a venue that is among the most modern accommodation in the world, therefore underlining Rotterdam’s position as the centre of equestrian sports in the Netherlands - past, present and future. In addition to a magnificent arena, the accommodation will also include new stables, a grandstand, press facilities, medical facilities for equestrian sports and a judge tower, to ensure that the accommodation is in line with the increasingly stringent requirements of the FEI. In 2011, the European Dressage Championships will be held in Rotterdam and the city will also use the new accommodation as a key part of its bid to bring the European Show Jumping Championships in 2013 to Rotterdam as well.
Facts & Figures of the CHIO Building
- Situated next to the stables of the Rotterdamsche Manège, at the edge of the forest of the Kralingse Bos.
- A fantastic view at the main arena.
- Remarkable window panels with tree trunk patern
- State of the art stables
- 720 seats
- Various hospitality opportunities
- Judge tower on the second floor